Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I have a 1965 dart that has a chrome moly roll cage in it that has surface rust on all the pipes, what brand and product name would you use to remove it help
I should have painted when I first got it back from the chassis shop but I didn't realcrazy
I had paid a up front big deposit to a local guy who made fibreglas, kevelar and carbon fibre parts for a local light aircraft kit parts company to make me a one piece front end, doors and bumpers, ended up he turned into a real flake and I never got my parts hence me not painting the cage yet.
I don't want to sand it off so any help on what to use to clean it up is really appreciated by me bow
ospho . let it dry completely. wipe it down with thinner and prime it.. ospho will convert the powdered rust and it has a di-chromate to prevent rust. i used it on military jobs 30 + years ago and it met their standards . as long as the rust is tight , it will not be an issue. its a quick and very good way to fix it... up cab , maybe you remember the old way when people used a potato to wipe a cast iron pan or they stuck the knifes in the potato? grin the potato has phosphoric acid in them ! it kept things from rusting ! ospho has the same acid and added chemical rust inhibitor also..