“…….330 Hemi, small cam, electronic ignition, headers FITEC on a Hotheads manifold. Currently has a 727 but as soon as it cools down a 518 will go in. The rear is an E body 8.75 with a 3.55SG……”

330…… a DeSoto up . Sounds like a good combination. How do you like the FITEC? Been kind of thinking about one for another project.

Going to a 518 from a 727 should be relatively simple (if there is such a thing grin ). At least you have the trans adapter, and the shifter and kick down should be sorted out. I’m actually kicking around the idea of pulling the 4 speed out of the 57 Plymouth and putting in a 46RH after I get back from the reunion.

As far as the PS pump if you’re going with a Saginaw pump it might end up being reasonably simple (or not LOL). I would maybe start by using the same type bracket that that I used on the Saginaw pump for the 57 Plymouth. In unmodified form it’s made to pivot on the boss on the SBC water pump your truck has. You’d have to figure out a tensioning bracket……maybe from the lower boss on the timing chain cover to the back of the pump?

As far as belt alignment, you can do a little fine tuning with how far you press the pulley on the pump. There are also dual belt pulleys available for the PS pump (I had to use on the Plymouth to get the spacing right).

Anyway, just some thoughts.

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears)