Originally Posted by Bad340fish
I didn't realize the Plaid Tesla's were released yet. They have either been released or someone has heavily modified a Tesla here Locally. There was one at the "Midnight Drags" here that ran a 9.53 with a horrible 1.59 60ft. A friend of mine posted the video and time slip on facebook, he said it was a plaid model.

There was also a Tesla that did Drag Week 2019, 5 days of racing and it averaged a 10.5 something.

That is cool, and that is fast, but it would get boring. Likely anyone who can hold a steering wheel could run that time because the car does all the work.

Someone probably said the same thing in their horse and buggy when they saw a model T. Something I've noticed with cars is everything that takes work and is cool (fast drag cars) becomes factory, so this evolution is no different. I also believe the recent stick shift, light and good handling gas cars (Viper ACR, TA, Boss 302, GT350, 1LE Camaros etc) will be the money cars in the future because people will buy them to use on the road courses for weekend fun. Vintage muscle will be expolited, 3d printed and plopped on EV chassis in great numbers