I agree...it is a bad time to stick your neck out. AND avoid having to have employees. AND avoid things you know nothing about. AND keep overhead low.

If you have steady employment and/or significant savings, and could take some risk and begin small/part-time or use it for supplemental income, that would be much less stressful.

Did I mention that you should avoid needing to have employees?

I know of people who got into ebay, small online businesses, etc, and are making out. They found the right products that they could mark way up. And didn't try to be the next Amazon. Also wholesaling to other businesses and avoiding having to deal with the end users. Dealing with the general public is a good way to become an alcoholic.

I know a guy who has a large plumbing business. Was doing really well. Got into the plumbing supply business. Now making bank, has a large facility full of pipe and parts. Sells to himself and all the other plumbers. Same guy has a restaurant. Bought a farm. Raises his own beef, eggs, etc. Sells to other restaurants. He has it figured out.

Buying an existing business. Need lawyers and accountants to look at it closely. I know people who spent big money on a pig with lipstick on.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 07/17/21 12:42 PM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.