welll, I made it to my first-ever Iola event. It was awesome! I only was able to spend Thursday and Friday there, but I managed to walk every row of the entire swap meet, the entire car corral and the entire car show. I must've walked 15 miles. There was so much to see there, it was well worth the time and the wear and tear on the feet. The weather was perfect. The whole thing was incredibly well organized. I stayed in the campground with my camper and trailer. Everything went quiet at 10 o'clock so it was easy to sleep. There were minimal lines for entry, food, etc. and the lines moved fast. There is plenty of food and plenty of bathrooms.

I would say there was a better-than-average blend of car stuff versus flea market stuff available. There was some amazingly cool Mopar stuff, but it was pretty scarce compared to Chevy and ford stuff. I bought a bunch of miscellaneous little things, a bunch of original brochures for the 57 De Soto, an engine stand, five sets of nors points and condensers for dual point hemi distributors, and a vintage motorcycle.

Continuing my pattern of extraordinarily good luck, I dropped my name in the drawing for a free scraper / deburring tool at the iola swap meet. I stopped by the next day to check and see if I was a winner and lo and behold I was!

I didn't stand in line to meet Greg Brady or Linda Vaughn.

So I was very impressed. I will for sure be back.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"