Originally Posted by hp383
[quote=jwb123]

My main reason for asking is to determine if the external balanced, cast crank 1979 stamped RV 440 I have here to work with is using 6 pack rods (I have been told many times over several decades, that truck engines and RV engines were often assembled with 6 pack rods from Ma Mopar)

You and a lot of other mopar racers and "experts" where told wrong.
Dodge stop using the H.D. 413-3 industrial and H.D. truck and marine motors in the Dodge motorhome chassis in early 1973 and started using the 440-3 engines that did NOT use the Hi Po six pack rods, they used a rod design for those motors.
I'm not saying that maybe some of the H.D. 440-3 motors didn't end up with some of them rods but all the ones I've had and seen didn't have the six pack rods in them shruggy
The six pack rods are way beefier in the beam and way heavier also down Once you see one you will never forget what they look like, especially when held next to a stock LY rod. I don't have any of them in my shop now as I sold all of them along time ago to buy better, stronger custom built BB Chevy type H and I beam long race rods up work
If I still had one I would take a picture of it next to a LY rod for all of you to see but I don't whiney shruggy

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 07/05/21 10:15 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)