Are you wanting pneumatic or battery ?

Regardless, wanted to comment, I have an IR 3/8 air ratchet that is about 5 years old but has seen very little use. I was using it a couple of weeks back zinging out some LONG bolts and it cra--ed out. I took it apart and the planetary gear set self destructed. I doubt the unit had more than 1 hour of actual run time.
So I called IR and they wanted pictures. Ok, the unit looks brand new and I even had the box. So they comment that the planetary assembly appeared dry and required regular maintenance send me the instruction manual etc. I said if it was to dry it came that way. They begrudgingly sent a replacement planetary assembly.
While i was waiting for the back ordered part I dug out the 40 year old air ratchet that i bought the IR to replace. It has been abused, rarely oiled, never greased and worked like a new one. Out of curiosity I looked at the boxes,
The 40 year old unit was made in Japan by KTS tools. The IR, straight from Taiwan or China.
Thinking back 40 years it was 1981 and Japan was establishing its ability to build quality tools. Currently IMO, China's capable as is Taiwan but they are still producing some sketchy items. i have always had good service with craftsman products especially their dremel type tools. Indestructible. I actually have two spares that I have yet to need and likely won't now that I've gotten rid of my employees who apparently were Neanderthal's twocents

Last edited by TJP; 07/02/21 09:19 PM.