Has this happened to you?

Does Amazon make 'excuses' rather than tell you an item is sold out or a sale price will no longer be honored?

Last weekend they had their Kindles for half price. Wanted to buy one for myself and one for my Mother. Thinking about the different apps and features, I thought it would be best to buy each through our own accounts.

I did just that. Ordered both the same day, but on separate accounts. My order went thru no problem. My Mother's order kicked back "invalid payment". She used the account no more than 2 weeks earlier to buy some clothes and had no issue. The card on file is a known good card. No matter what we did, her order kept kicking back. I even tried using my card that I bought my Kindle with, same thing.

I had a 'chat session' with Amazon, they assured me that they had the kindle still in stock, and they would honor the price even though the sale ended like three days ago. I just needed to enter a valid card. This is where I used my own card, and it still kicked back.

We tried ordering something different, using her card, and the order went thru just fine.

At this point I've given up.

I've been using Amazon for years and have never had something like this happen. No, it's not the end of the world, just kinda annoyed.

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥