Let me start by saying….WE MADE IT! Over 2000 miles from door to door. Yesterday however was where the trouble began. We left Albuquerque and we’re cruising along happy as could be. Had some beautiful rainstorms coming through Arizona and a great lunch near the Grand Canyon. We crossed into California and were coming through the desert near Needles with around 100 degree ambient temp. I felt the engine lug hard and smelled coolant. I pulled over and saw the upper radiator hose had burst. Here’s where the good luck/bad luck starts. Fortunately the upper hose burst close enough to the T stat housing I was able to shorten it and reseal. We only had about 1 1/2 gallons of water with us so I added that and tried to limp it to the next gas station that was only 1 mile away thank goodness. Unfortunately while limping it to the gas station the lower hose burst. Fortunately it split larger but still close enough I could trim the hose and just get a bite on the water pump. Unfortunately this made the hose take a path where it would run the belt. Fortunately I was able to use zip ties to hold the hose away from the belt. We were back on the road but unfortunately the zip ties broke and the belt rubbed a hole in the lower hose. Fortunately I was able to bolster some electrical tape with some sports tape (we had been training pretty hard in Illinois) and make a temporary patch. I left the cap loose so it wouldn’t build pressure. We were trying to make the auto parts store in Barstow CA before they closed at 9 pm but had to take it slow to keep things from steaming over. Made it to the parts store 6 minutes before closing. They WERE NOT going to wait for me to pull the hoses for comparison so I had to drop $75 on two flex hoses that were a complete guess. The top was way off but the bottom cinched down ok and we were able to get back after it. It was a long, long day but we were so close to home I wanted to keep on rolling. Quick truck stop power nap and we hit the road rolling in the driveway a little after 2 am. WE DID IT!

7E546876-FE8A-4807-BA3F-F0AE1E98FE99.jpegF326B765-6C8B-4B4A-AC6D-13CFE118EDA2.jpeg84D8C6DC-5FC2-497D-A0A8-A93209C248A9.jpeg3C01D4F4-B811-4EE7-B65F-A6AEEB62EAC2.jpeg