Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
Some of you guys might enjoy this old timer. I've been collecting cars for 45 years, but until now never had a 50's car. For a long time, I've been thinking about what to get, and seeking a good opportunity. Well, the right car finally came along, and I knew right away that it was the one for me! I saw the ad late last saturday night, talked to the seller sunday morning, hit the road right away and drove 11 hours to see it monday morning. The seller said on the phone that it has mostly sat for the last 8 years but runs and drives nice. But when he started it for me, gas was squirting out the vent hole on the fuel pump. So I bought it without driving it, rented a Uhaul open trailer and hauled it home. Fins, bling, dual quad Hemi, and a folding top. I don't think I could have found a better car to represent the 50's in my collection. The new fuel pump from Rock Auto should be here tomorrow.

Wow, that is insanely awesome.. an icon of Virgil Exner's styling skills, and a benchmark of Mopar heritage.. That is a bucket list car for sure..
When I became hooked on Mopars and started buying books about them at Waldenbooks, I got some great history books covering each and very modelyear of production from beginning up to 1979.

The Forward Look cars quickly became a favorite era of Mopars.. The DeSotos were a class all by themselves..
I believe the Adventurer is the top of the line, with the Sportsman and Fireflite as the next tiers of trim and price.
I love the dual antennas on back - I think only Adventurers got those.

Very cool .. and Congratulations!
- Art

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle