After having my 71 Scamp sitting heartless for a number of years, I am looking to get it back running again and fulfill my desire to always have a large cubic inch big block for it. I already know that the combo I am looking to put together for it will be somewhat of a ticking time bomb (low 10/high 9 at 3400lbs using a stock 440 block stroker and TF270 heads with a healthy roller) but seeing that it is a street/strip car, I think I can have some fun with it and it stay together for me.

Car currently has a small block k member that has already been notched at the front for lots of oil pan clearance. I am planning to run motor mounts as opposed to an engine plate. The car sits quite low, and the roads where I drive are GARBAGE. My old small block was safe (kevko pan) but I worry about a heavy big block on the /6 t bars, so my concerns are all related to the oiling system...(and I have been doing a lot of searching before posting, so bear with me as I was not able to find any solid answers one way or other to these questions)

1. Looking to go with either a 4.375' or 4.5" stroke crank. Would a 1/2" internal pickup of any sort work with these strokes using a 7.100" Chevy Rod? Or is external the only option? (440 source has a 1/2" internal "stroker" pickup on their site that is apparently designed for strokers, but I can't find much experience with them looking around)
2. If going external oiling, and using engine mounts, what system is simplest and works best? I was thinking a single line setup, stock cover, but after that I don't know whats best....swinging or fixed pickup? -12 line? high volume/pressure pump or standard? New to the big block stuff, but this will be a pump gas motor and with the engine size planned I can't see rpms going past 7k (not afraid of it, just don't think it would need it or live best there either)
3. With the larger stroke, the planned power levels, and keeping in mind the horrible roads I drive on, I am torn for oil pan choice. I know the milodon 30930 is a popular choice in the a-body, but it hangs low for my intended usage from pics I have seen. Would a 6 or 6.5qrt version of the stock style BB pan for a-bodies work and accept the external pickup mods if that is the route I have to go? Are there any other good choices out there or pans that can work with slight "love" from a hammer? I really would like to avoid the costs of a custom oil pan if possible.

Any insight or experience is welcome!