I wish I could capture this in pictures for you butt ever since the formum "updated" last time I have not been able to get pics to load.

The lifter issue is very simple, it appears to me they tried to add more small needle bearings in about 09 with the eagle redesign but it resulted in the rollers not lasting nearly as long, you can't put the older ones in the newer engines without deleting MDS (you can put the new ones in the old engines though) witch in my opinion is stupid as I have never seen any MDS lifter fail and plenty of lifters in completely NON MDS engines fail so you can't even blame it on the system. Around 2013 or so they switched to a larger needle bearing in the roller, it is very easy to see in person the larger needles and it seems to have eliminated the issue as the only ones I have seen fail all had the smaller needle bearings in them, lube can get in the larger bearing easier and they seem to carry the load better because they are larger. Now the lifter the dealer sells all have a unified part number for all gen III hemis and it has the larger bearings and seems to last much better. The aftermarket ones I have had my hands on (I've not played with all of them for sure) feel sloppier and I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them, I have a set of brand new no name chinese aftermarket ones (supposedly an upgrade) on the shelf right now and would use a set of large bearing used lifters before I would use these, I am tempted to throw them in the scrap metal bin like I do with all the small bearing lifters I find.

If you get the right stock lifter they are good enough for almost any engine out there. Unless you are running some exotic very high lift very high RPM engine I would not waste any time or money on any aftermarket lifter. The big needle bearing lifters handle as much lift as the stock heads can handle and are good to at least 7000 RPM and I have never seen the ones with those big needle bearing stop rolling and eat a cam.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!