I hate Optima’s.... but just because of the price. 11 year old blue top I just retired from the boat, but still use it in the car trailer for the winch and between round cool downs on the race car. The one in my 96 daily driven XJ is dated 2-13. The two in my pickup are 2-18 and 4-19. One was in my daughters Chrysler 200 I snagged before we traded it, the other was in my Duster. Reason they’re in there is that my 2 year experiment with sams club duracell AGM failed so they gave me my money back. Regular wet cell batt I had laying around in the racecar failed at my last race. Borrowed an optima from the pickup. Got home and bought a new one for the racecar and put the borrowed one back in the pickup.

Batteries are a hard game to play in the desert. I’ve made thousands over the years repairing damage from wet cell batteries. To me the initial cost of the red tops has to be considered for the fact of how clean they stay. The battery cables in my 01 Cummins equipped pickup look like new still.