Guys,

Take a look please at the attached cylinder wall thickness check results.

I have never done this before, so no idea what ballpark figure is good and what's bad. This is a street/strip ride, looking to get 500hp out of that combo. I did this at home, using a hobby shop (aka 'made in China') checker, but tried it out first on a few known pieces of materials and the thickness readout was correct.

Block (1974 casting# 4006830-360-1, 360) has been machined already, it's 0.030" over, so this is a bit of an "after the fact" thing...LOL, part of my "learning to blueprint" class if you will. The only weird thing I spotted is #2 BACK reading of .650", but I went over it a couple of times and got the same reading, so maybe just a thick piece of casting?

Besides that, the THRUST side seems to be all thicker than 0.300" with a couple of low 0.295 and 0.287 readings on #1.

As always, appreciate all feedback.

Thanks!

408W2 - Block Cylinder Wall Sonic Test - DRIVER - IMPERIAL.jpg408W2 - Block Cylinder Wall Sonic Test - PASS - IMPERIAL.jpg
Last edited by Diplomat360; 05/22/21 04:46 PM. Reason: Included the block year and casting #