2016 Dart purchased on Oct 31st 2017 for the wife. In October 2018, my wife hit a pothole and tore open the sidewall of one of the front tires. Since the original tires still had a lot of tread left, I replaced 2 instead of 4.(I replaced the other two in March of last year...the car is now my daily driver)

A few weeks ago I removed the snow tires I had on the car and installed the summer wheels/tires. That's when I noticed that both tires that were purchased in October 2018 are cracked just inside of the outer tread row. They are cracked all the way around the tire. There are no other cracks in between the other treads or on the sidewall. On May 8th, I drove to the tire dealer who installed the tires so they could look at them. The salesman took pictures of the cracks and said he would sent them to his rep. A week ago I still hadn't heard from them so I gave them a call. The salesman said that his rep sent the pictures to the manufacture so the engineers could make the determination on whether the tires were safe or need to be replaced.

The tire store called me this morning and said they still haven't heard anything back from the manufacture. He offered to replace the two tires for what I paid in 2018.(the tires are now more expensive then they were back then) So, what would you do? Just pay to replace them or wait and see what the manufacture says? The tires have been in service for only 2-1/2 years. The DOT date says they were made in Feb of 2018. It looks like I have 50K miles on them but the tread is still showing half.(about 1/8" above the wear indicators)