Originally Posted by Uberpube
Originally Posted by ZIPPY
I forgot about those.
My first chassis dyno experience was also on one of the dynapack deals that bolt to the axles.

I can't remember whether Blusmbl took that video or I did, but never in my life have I watched
and listened to a 6 second video SO many times wink

Don't recall the number it made, 4-something, but I do remember the little things I wanted to
experiment with were eye opening and I learned a little bit.

I do recall making more improvements, trying to head back to Matt/the same Dynapack, and Matt telling me to take a hike.
He told me the screens were already flashing warnings during my last test, and that I needed to find a
dynojet. So that was the last time I did that.

He should run it out the back door at the track for MPH, and then weigh it, and then use all the calcuators too.

It's fun bench racing to take a guess, but TBH I've usually just gone by the estimates of folks I respect and left it at that.

Cooling water issue maybe? My friend has one, it; seen a bunch of 800-1000 rwhp cars.That was the first dyno I got to spend real time on,great for steady state tuning. Dynapack was a out of my financial league when I was dyno shopping.

No idea really, He ran the water the whole time.... I don't know what the issue was.
I do remember seeing some red banners flashing across the screen but I don't know what any of it meant.
Maybe a calibration thing? shruggy

Of course it's very possible the guy just decided he hated me and didn't need the money LOL.
If that was true he was a good actor/it wasn't easily detectable.

It was no big deal to find another dyno shop but being that he was a friend of a friend/former classmate of Blusmbl,
I wanted to keep giving him the work. That attempt was probably in 2003 or 4, I haven't spoke to him since/no reason.

Jake's (jake68 here) chassis dyno service is just fine, Gary has like a million years of Mopar experience, BTDT, so the change was not
at all painful.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri