Originally Posted by Vert
Originally Posted by FC7cuda
Emailed Rick last weekend about doing some 15 x 7 polishes rings, he said $120 ea. and 2 month lead time. What I've read is that it always takes longer and that he sends them out for both crimping processes. I've only ever read about afew complaints, like split seams because of thin metal, etc. FYI

Old thread revival effort. I've acquired a nice buffer. And an Eastood trim anvil and hammer. I also have a set of dinged up polished trim rings on my car.
I don't know if the crimp is the hard part, or just drill the spot weld and tack it on reassembly.

Anyone know who had tools/knowledge to recrimp? I may sacrifice a trim ring for science.

The crimp is the b!tc#

Sliced my finger pretty good. That was a couple years ago. Haven’t touched it since....

Getting it crimped back again WITHOUT denting or dinging it, is going to be really tricky. IMHO it needs some type tooling. I worked in manufacturing small electrical connectors that were mostly crimped. It’s not like setting up a CNC to knock things out.

Lots of people and places can restore stainless. That will be the easy part of this I think. And if it’s smashed on the crimped (they often are), it’s tough to get inside that crimp lip to do repairs.

2DE24A9A-76E7-4FFC-A40B-D238E1D7C834.jpeg
Last edited by autoxcuda; 05/11/21 09:51 AM.