Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
Originally Posted by EvilB1Dart
Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
My good old chrome craftsman doesn't seem to like MSD ignition.

Originally Posted by CMcAllister

The MSD 8991is probably the best available new. $$$$ Buy once, cry once. Don't loan it.

I was thinking of getting that one, but the amazon reviews don't look so rosy. Has anyone actually bought one of these?

https://www.amazon.com/MSD-8991-Tim...ition+8991&qid=1620149874&sr=8-1

I bought one. I didn’t read any of the reviews, especially Amazon. Quite a few well known engine builders use them, and a little birdie also recommended it. Mine arrives tomorrow, so I’ll try it out this weekend.

Did you get it? Can you give us a review of it? popcorn

Joel,

Yes, I did get it. Initially I thought I was receiving something from Kimber LOL!

I also received the vintage Sears light.

My middle of the day in/out of sunlight review:

Flaming River: Put a new set of batteries in it. Still have to find the right angle when shooting it. Almost impossible (for me) to see the light during the day in sunlight. Like I previously said, self-powered is cool. Pulled the car into the garage and was able to see the light better and it was fine after that.

Vintage Sears: I believe I’m the first to ever open the box. Like years ago, I hated fumbling with the extra long cable lines. Shooting the light was not good outside in the sunlight, but okay in the garage. It was kinda sketchy/irrational with 16v’s, but got it to settle down. It won’t be the light I use on this car.

MSD 8991: Self-powered, lightweight, easy to maneuver point n shoot, and the light is VERY BRIGHT no matter where you’re using it. The others above are no comparison. The only CON is the cost, but worth it to me due to wanting the brightest light. The Pro Shop discount helped.

C15F9975-CAC1-4DBC-932B-79F5CDF2305C.jpeg

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand"

- A. Einstein