Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I wouldn't mat a stick shift car against the two step no matter the RPM on the starting line tsk twocents
Push the clutch in all the way and then use the throttle pedal to bring the RPM up against the two step is my choice work
I use to start dumping the clutch pedal at 5000 RPM and floor the gas pedal at the same time in my old NHRA stocker 1970 Hemi Cuda 4 speed car, shift at 7000 RPM years ago before the better clutches came out like available to day up That was way before two steps, circa 1973 shruggy
IHTHs

I'd be willing to bet every single Stock, and Super Stock car running a stick in the last 20 years, has parked the throttle right to the floor, on the 2 step, and it's never been a issue.

Now, if you are the type to go up on the 2 step the instant you stage, and the person in the other lane hasn't even lit the top bulb, then yeah, I could see an issue.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

The older 2 steps from say the mid 1980’s were hard on parts. Also depends on the brand. I’ve used older Mallory analog stuff and it did it sound like the MSD boxes.

The biggest issue I found was using mechanical injection and a 2 step. If you are at say...5000 RPM on the 2 step and your foot is on the floor the barrel valve is wide open. You are just hosing fuel into the chambers. I’ve seen bearing damage doing that.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston