i will add this is why we have ultra high strength steel in modern cars.
this 2019 VW tiguan got towed into out shop around august of last year.
i don't know the exact details of the crash. all i have heard is someone didn't stop at a light in a 35mph zone. it could have been a left turn in front of someone. or possibly someone ran a changing light and the person turned thinking someone would have stopped.

there was a 16yo boy sitting in the passenger seat. the only thing that happened to hims is he got 2 cracked ribs, he crawled thru to the drivers side door and was walking around when the ambulance showed up.

to highlight the importance of high strength steel. see the last pic. see how the center pillar is still pretty straight. also see how above the head is still pretty straight. this is because there is a ultra high strength steel frame under the exterior sheetmetal. the high strength steel still stays straight protecting the passengers in the car. and the crash forces are transferred to the outer areas. see how the roof is crushed? this happened because the impact forces were transferred thru the ultra high strength steel to the roof where the forces are absorbed my collapsing. the cowl of the car also collapsed absorbing crash forces also. i am also sure the forces were transferred by making the car go airborne across a couple of lanes of traffic.
just to show the extent of the damage the center post was pushed in about 8"

101_1589 (1).JPG101_1590 (1).JPG101_1592 (1).JPG
Last edited by Mr T2U; 04/28/21 05:51 PM.

perception is 90% of reality