I got the Eddy heads back from porting today. This is the first time I've had this kind of work done and wanted to know if this is common.

As a machinist, I'm well versed in the mechanics of machining dissimilar metals in a single assembly. However, it strikes me as odd that the little thin chunkies of aluminum would be left hanging near the valve guides. It makes me want to pull the valves and clean it up by hand. Granted, it's tiny thin flakes of aluminum that are unlikely to cause damage but I'll be left wondering if they're flaking off as the engine runs.
The spark plug holes look pretty rough, too. I know that threads mean a tapered end will have highs and lows based upon the depth of the thread at each point. I'll shoot some plugs in them and see which holes need attention.

I also noticed there are little pockets in the port roof just in front of the guides. At first glance it looked like he broke through to the spring seats but closer examination shows it to be little pockets left over from the original casting.True to mass production casting, the little pockets vary from port to port.

It seems his program didn't do much to the intake port roof but it might not have been necessary and breaking through would be listed as Bad Thing.

The chambers look pretty nice other than the plug bosses. I haven't popped out a valve to inspect the seat work, nor have I stuffed an endoscope in there.

What are your impressions of the job done by this one crappy pic of one random port?

20210414_210517.jpg

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon