A while back I posted about my engine work, what started out as a burnt exhaust valve (looks like crack in head as well) morphed in to my idea to put a new cam in, which unveiled cam bearing damage, which then lead to finding main and rod bearing damage. Well my engine is back together and running excellent!
Towing cam thread
Cam bearing findings

My thrust bearing was hammered and a few rod bearings around it. I think there was trash in there since day 1 as the motor is spotless otherwise. Cylinders were still showing crosshatch and carbon ridge came off with WD40. I also pulled the pistons and cleaned up rings and lands with WD40.
- I went with Clevite bearings all around. Cam bearing install went very well, had to reattempt 2 that were slightly off in the oil hole, but we took our time and none got damaged and cam went in perfectly, no tightness. All other bearings checked in spec with plastigauge.
- Put on these heads from Jegs Jegs USA Magnum heads
- MP timing set.
- Hughes lifters and plenum plate.
- UTAwesome spec cam for towing, Comp Cam along with the intake shield.
- High volume MP oil pump and new distributor shaft.
- 4 hole injector set KSuspension injectors

Runs awesome now and totally woke up this truck. Granted I was kind of running on 7.5 cylinders with the burnt valve for a while, but change is extremely noticeable. Exhaust note is very different, even my neighbors asked what I did. Just awaiting the PCM tune from Marty to match the cam. Right now using my older tune I had for a few years now.

IMG_5649.jpg
thrust bearing

IMG_5656.jpg
clean bore

IMG_5658.jpg
empty block

IMG_5690.jpg
built again