Originally Posted by massdaytona
Originally Posted by Stanton
They don't tie vehicles down on ocean-going ferrys, why would they tie them down on one of these ?!?! There may be rails on either side of the tires but that's probably it. It would take hours just to chock the wheels let alone strap the vehicles down !

still awaiting your answer

You realize with the pic in this thread, it appears every vehicle pictured broke free of its restraints, IF they were restrained in the first place. I am also not certain how much impact forces the restraints would see if the ship rolled over on its side in shallow water. Additionally there is the thought that the cars shifting prior to the capsize precipitated the event. It would seem any restraint system would at the min not break from gravity forces alone of the vehicle. Of course its possible, one vehicle became loose, and it started a mass snowball effect.

I am not convinced from what I have read here, the vehicles were restrained by anything more then being put in park. I see no indications of any wheel guides, but the pic is not detailed enough to confirm.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.