Well I live in Canada so the Pandemic is still in full rage up here! At this point no one knows when and if the tracks will open. Everyone in the race world is preparing like it is over and they will be on track early May. Personally I cannot see it happening. My racing is sorta on hold. The industry that both my wife and I work in has been decimated by this thing. Neither of us has worked since March of last year. Racing unfortunately has had to take a back seat.

With regards to my car. I have been fighting an inconsistency issue for the last 5 or 6 seasons. I was throwing parts at it like a drunken sailor to try and fix it with no success. I was finally spent a day and installed the Racepak that I purchased 4 years ago to help me find the issue and refused/was too lazy to install. I found the issue the next weekend. Made 3 runs on the throttle stop within .005 then on the First run the next morning it snapped the crank. So that is my luck! Figure out an issue that has plagued me for years, go into a big race with renewed confidence that I have a gun at a gun fightand the crank breaks! So my good motor is hurt. Luckily I had aluminum main caps on it and the caps took all of the abuse. My 230 400 block will live another day once I can get some more caps. It damaged a couple of rods and two pistons just touched the head but no real damage. I was extremely lucky!!!!!!!

So this brings me to my current situation. I had a 400 based 451 short block that was in my street car. It was a very strong running engine but it was a heater on the street. The block was a little thin in a couple places so I did a short fill. Did not work for me on the street but it will be perfect on the track. My plan is to put the top end off the 512 on it with a slightly smaller cam, reduce the compression and run it on pump gas. Race gas up here is crazy priced and I am sick of paying for it. I am also sick of having to get my car certified. I am sick of having to wear a 5 layer suit when my car runs 9:80s in the summer heat and at our altitude. All in all I think it will be a better plan all around.

So at this point I am squirreling away what cash I can to spend on it and I will be out when I can.

I wish all a good season, trouble free racing and lots of win lights!

Thanx 451 Guy

512 cu in 71 Demon Super Street Car - NO LONGER - Broke Crank
Best ET 9.57 @ 139.96

451 cu in Pump Gas - 71 Demon Super Street Car
Best ET 9.99 @ 136.80

512 cu in 69 Charger R/T
Best ET 11.39 @ 118.11