One thing to keep in mind on solid lifter steel roller cams, not cast cores, is using a lot more pressure than the cam makers suggest is way better than a tiny bit to little tsk been here done that whiney twocents
Hydraulic roller lifters are a different issue altogether, maybe 180 lbs. on the seats and 350 lbs. open may work okay as long as you don't want to see north of 6000 RPM + shruggy
IHTHs
EDITED: I have only use one hydraulic roller cam in a 426 street hemi years ago, it was a custom Comp Cams grind and I was told to use spring pressure that I can't remember now blush The lifters would not adjust properly, no matter how I adjusted them, to be quiet. That motor sounded like the old .030-.030 solid lifter SB Chevy Corvette motors did puke
I heard later that Comp sent back 1500 sets of that brand lifters due to this issue work
I have a customer who wants to run a hydraulic roller cam on the street and wants to make north of 600 HP with a 408 C.I. pump gas 360 motor, I'm almost sure
that is not going to work with any hydraulic lifters, let alone a hydraulic roller lifter shruggy

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 03/22/21 12:23 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)