I only remember a V8 diesel version.

I got to know the chief engineer of GM in the early 1980s because I was on a fund raising committee which he was the chairman of.
He told me the diesel version of the gasoline Chevy 350 V8 had turned out to be “Dead Reliable“ (his words) in their extensive pre production testing.

I knew several people who bought vehicles with those early diesels and my memory is they all had fuel injection pump problems which the GM dealerships blamed on “dirty diesel fuel”. The first Racor fuel filter I ever saw was retrofitted to one of those GM diesels.

In the 1990s I was helping to disassemble a four bay metal building previously used as a truck repair garage. There was a dusty V8 engine over in one spot that I was told was a gasoline International Harvester V8, the “original design” of the V8 that IH turned into the diesel V8 that did so well in Ford F250 pickups.

The diesel that got my attention was the air cooled Deutz on portable “trash pumps”.
Took a lickin and kept on tickin.
I once seriously thought about converting a railroad switching locomotive to being run with two of those engines installed like Ferdinand Porsche’s U Boat drive system.