I agree there have always been "bad guys" but I'd say in the past couple years, WHEW, off the charts. Something has changed. Not just a minor uptick. You'd have to sell online regularly to feel it.

Ebay caves in to buyers and allows "free" returns for any reason on the sellers dime. Allows Chinese scammers to "scrape" and copy listings and sell with free shipping all the way from China. Ebay sucks so bad. I don't even know why I list anything on there. I have a 40 day handling time and use Ebays UPS retail rates that are much higher than my negotiated rates on my online store.

Amazon, same as above. I wouldnt even sell on there. That Bezos is the devil himself.

"Scraping" is a HUGE problem. One Mopar parts reseller in Australia had to splash a message on his websites home page that if you don't order from his URL is probably a bogus website. I was "scarpers" from Pakistan on my website constantly. MINE. We are a tiny company. They copy all our info (scrape) and create a bogus website falsly "selling" our products only to take money and never deliver. I have only had one complaint so far. Guy complained he paid and I didn't deliver. Told him I had NO RECORD of a sale from him. So he sends me a link to a scraped site. Duh! Gotta be smarter now when buying online.

Credit card companies suck. They side with THIER customers and throw businesses under the bus.

I'm very lucky that 99.99% of the people I deal with are like the guys on here, solid, decent car guys.

Last edited by 71TA; 03/10/21 03:15 PM.