Originally Posted by Frankenduster
Is this what you thought you'd be doing with your life? Would the 25 year old version of you be embarrassed by who you have become?

My 25 year old self would be pretty impressed with the stuff I've learned since I was his age. I think he would also be impressed that after retirement I was still playing with cars. That kid had goals and worked very hard to achieve them. He is still rattling around inside of me, I hear from him time to time.

At 25 I was working an average of 60 hours a week in factory maintenance as a heavy machine repairman in a brass and aluminum forge shop. I was also running a car repair and Mopar parts business at home after working all day at the full time job. I was buying a 20 year old ranch home in the country. I was married and in May we would celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary (this May will be 45 years) and we just had our 2nd child. I was a car owner at our local dirt track and we finished in the top 10 in points in our class with a 1st year driver last season.

As far as climbing anything to replace burned out light bulbs, that 25 year old might have considered it back then, but this old guy isn't going to. Gene