Originally Posted by Ray S
OK, I spoke to both Transtech (Iowa) and Phoenix Transmission Products (Texas) and both said they did not have a product for a heavy vehicle.
Transtech said the welded-on bell will not accept a large TC - needed for the 413 RV, and Phoenix only builds A-500 mods, not 518.
JW Performance Transmission does not have an Ultrabell to do it.

So, it looks like the Wilcap adapter and finding a 47RH is the only solution.

Along this line, has anyone heard of or used Hughes TCs?
http://www.hughesperformance.com/xtm-xfm/
they said they have a 24XTM for the 727, and a 15LXTM for the 47RH, both for towing etc.

The 47RH was only for the diesel and V10 applications. In that application the converter sticks out from the bell housing face about an inch or more and it's overall diameter is much larger, so a 47RH isn't really going to help you.
What you are basically needing is a billet cover single disc lockup converter for a gas 727. No one I know of makes it because you would need not only the Ultra Bell for the B engine adaption but also a spacer between the engine and trans for the extra depth and then you would still be limited to the smaller diameter converter. I've never said this before but you might have better luck, or at least more converter options with a Turbo 400 for what you are trying to do.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost coming soon!
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.