Seeing deer around the house in the yard or in the farm field is not an unusual occurrence. Usually they are in small groups of 3 to 5 and some days we'll see as many a 10 to 12 but today (about 30 minutes ago) I just happened to look out at the farm field. I ran to get my phone/camera and video and take still photos and then try to count as many as I could before they headed into the woods and down to the river. I called to my wife and she started to count the deer from what she could see from upstairs and we compared notes. She counted over 45 and I counted over 50 and we both missed some that had already disappeared into the woods or were spooked by me with the camera and headed in a different direction. We have never seen a group of deer this large and we never thought or herd (pun) of deer moving in this size herd? Here are a couple of photos but the problem I had was getting as many as I could into the frame and that meant I had to zoom out and they started to blend into the background........as they should. I marked what I could pick out with a line but I'm sure I missed one or two (or more) and it was only half or less of the total herd.

Mike

20210302_133619 ar01wcopy.jpg20210302_133452td1.jpg