Originally Posted by Ramrod39
Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
SO many of these beauties were destroyed from mixing youth, horsepower, & lots of beer together.

And yet, some of us kids survived...

locally, there were only two hemi cars. one, a 66 plymouth body in white turned into a circle track car, the other, a 68 coronet r/t.
both wadded up early in their life, the 66 having it's crash on a public road in front of the owner's house while he was "testing". it involved a couple other cars, and those had multiple severe injuries and a possible death.
the r/t suffered a similar fate, and i know for sure, beer was definitely involved. that car sat in the local junkyard for a while, and when i finally decided i could come up with the $300.00 [eek] to buy the remains, it was gone.
it resurfaced in the early 2000's as a restored car in the pittsburgh area. it was featured in MCG as a multi-page, all color spread.
the original owner was credited in the article, and i presented him a copy of that magazine. he was pleased the car was resurrected, but at the same time sad he had totaled it so close to being new.
the stories i could tell involving beer with those cars could fill a small book, especially the incredible survivals. many of those cars ended up in my junkyard.
sadly, there were a few tragedies involved as well............. angel
if the horsepower available today was available back when these cars were new, i doubt many here would be members, myself in particular.
it is rather ironic i sign off every post with this : beer
it's a reminder of what could have been...........
beer