Originally Posted by mopar dave
How did the 267 cam(265 actual) work out for you? Any faster/slower and was it hard on valve train? Just curious.

I didn't run it in the 493 just put it in to verify cam specs.
When in the 446, I didn't have any valve train problems. As far as performance, my testing at that time wasn't the most conclusive as that was the first cam choice after getting my car back out after 20+ years with lots of changes. I will say that the next two cams I tried in that engine, didn't make any significant improvement....were I to go back to that size engine, I'd likely use that grind(with accurate lobes) again.

I will add an observation if it matters to anyone, the Crower cam I checked was the most accurate.....both consistency comparing lifts lobe to lobe and duration figures were as close to perfect as my measuring abilities could measure. A Lunati was probably second best. Based on what I've learned through this little exercise, I'm changing directions as far as size goes and I have another Lunati and Comp coming, so we'll see how accurate they are.

Last edited by Harry's Taxi 2; 01/24/21 05:13 PM.

'86 Maple Grove KOS Mopar low qualifier......true street legal with no power adders.

NOS-used when losing since 1940.