How do you richen the secondary mixture? Would you tighten the secondary air door so it wouldnt open as quick so the fuel would be flowing more before the air door started letting the air through? Having a hard time with detonation when all the way wide open, even after having the distributor on a machine by a proffesional. I have fooled with it on my own for a while before trying the distributor machine. I can be cruising along at say 50 mph and tromp it all the way down without it dropping to the passing gear and it will ping. I can do the same thing but just tromp it maybe 80% into the secondaries and it doesnt ping, but give it that last bit to where the secondaries are all the way open and it pings..
Its right at 9.5:1 using 91 octane pump gas. Its got a heavy elongated spring and a lighter spring in it. 34 degrees total. If cruising at say 45, and i kinda ease into WOT slowly, it doesnt ping, but stab the throttle all at once and it pings. I can stab the throttle to about 80% and no ping, but tromp it that last little bit all at once and pinging..Like its not getting quite enough gas thrown to it at once that it wants. There is absolutely no bogging ever at all, it runs great otherwise.

Last edited by mopower440; 01/16/21 01:09 AM.