Hi all, I recently change the oil pan on the 340 in my 70 challenger. The original had a stripped drain hole and had been overtightened enough it leaked from all the gaskets. I used a new replacement Milodon stock replacement pan.

When I first fired it back up today it dropped back into its usual idle like always but I heard a loud knocking from the motor. At first I was afraid I had blown it up and the rods were knocking, but that didn't make much sense while it idled perfectly, everything else was normal, and all I changed was the pan. Oil pressure was strong as well. I only ran it briefly, not even long enough to warm up.

At this point I'm planning to pull the pan back off and give it a once over. That's a fun job since I have to pull one of my headers to get to it!

Does anyone have any experience with similar issues? Any known issue with the Milodon stock pan on a 340? I'm assuming if something is hitting something its going to be obvious, but anything in particular I should be looking at?

Thanks for any and all input,

-Jon

70 challenger convertible. 340/5 speed. blown, intercooled, efi, blah blah blah 71 valiant scamp 318/A833OD/AC/PS 00 dakota RC 4.7L 5 spd autoX'r. SRT10/T56 swap in process 73 W200 Power wagon, PTO winch, 4 spd