All the moparts winter sparring aside, it would be interesting to know how effective TV advertising actually is toward bringing in new customers.
I don’t turn away or switch channels when the Duster and emu commercials come on, but without looking online to find out, I don’t remember what company it is running that series, so at least for me it wouldn’t influence me to get a quote from them. I remember one year after watching the Super Bowl I saw a online quiz about the commercials, listed the commercials and you were to match the commercial to the company it was for, I failed the quiz miserably and yes I watched most of the commercials during the broadcast.
Around 10 years ago I started looking into a collector car insurance company as I was getting nervous about my State Farm “stated value” policy. Hagerty’s quote wasn’t much more than State Farm but I didn’t pull the trigger. It still on my mind, so I requoted a few times in following years, my State Farm rates stayed about the same but Hagerty went up and up until at some point it was near double what they quoted me just a few years earlier.
I saw more and more Hagerty advertising during that time, sponsorships at auctions, as well as booths at car shows giving away piles of their swag and magazines and wondered if their rates were jumping to pay for all of that?
I eventually talked to an insurance broker and they got me a very reasonably priced collector car policy. All was fine and good, but last year Hagerty bought that company’s collector car business, and for my renewal they offered to continue for a year at my previous rates, but next fall when I am up for renewal I expect my rates to skyrocket unless my broker finds me another company. nervous I appreciate their sponsorships and swag, don’t mind their commercials, but I won’t pay a higher rate for their product to fund their advertising.