Originally Posted by Mopar Mitch
To my knowledge, the tensioner was only factory installed on the Magnum engines... NEVER on an LA engine.

I recently built a stroker LA 360, and with the tensioner installed, I caught the site of physical interference of the front SLINGER hitting the lower corner pad of the tensioner. I had to carefully die-grind away about 1/8" from the bottom of the tensioner lower corner pad to have clearance between the SLINGER and the TENSIONER.

NOTE: I later called Hughes Engine, whom I had purchased nearly all the parts for the engine, and described with pictures the interference... I was told, simply, that the TENSIONER was NEVER factory installed on any LA series engines. That kind of disturbed me... because there should have been a warning, or caution, included in the TENSIONER package when installing it... to observe for possible interference with the SLINGER and grind clearance to the TENSIONER lower pad if needed.

The package was meant as an upgrade not an add on to the factory assembly. When modifying existing systems, if you think that everything should be a mindless bolt on application, shame on you man. Last time I read, the site exclaims magnum engines and works on LA motors. "Works on"....