Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I would, and do use the larger pipes as you may want to hop the motor up more later like stroker short block, you can't hurt the performance of any BB Mopar by having to big of primary pipes on your headers, same thing on the exhaust system, 3.0 pipes and muffs are way better performing on the street and at the track than a 2.5 inch system is up twocents
Been there, done that wrench
One of my old street and strip A body BB cars with a set of Hooker 1 7/8 inch fenderwell headers hooked up to a 2.5 inch head pipes and muffs and 2.5 inch tail pipes exiting in front of the rear tires ran 12.23 ET at 109.7 MPH with the exhaust system on in the 1/4 mile, I removed it and it ran 11.39 ET at 117.6 MPH shock work
My last pump gas street and strip BB A body car with the same headers and a 3.0 pipes feeding into a set of old style Magnaflow 14x7 oval muffs with 3.0 inch in and out exiting at the rear bumper ran 7.01 ET at 95.3 MPH in the 1/8 mile, removing the entire system made it run 6.98 at 95.6 MPH in the 1/8 mile shruggy work
Same thing on engine dyno testing, putting bigger headers on BB Mopars I've tested made the motors make more HP and Torque up
thank u