Caught it early?? laugh2 LUCK! It was interesting researching this. I found a few occurrences where spring hangers broke and it was attributed to “bending fatigue” on tight turns over time. We’ve all watched our trailer tires as we’ve made tight turns... it actually made a little sense. I’ve also upgraded to G rated 14 ply tires which have very little give when turning, so that could add to the stresses involved. It did however bother me the equal tearing forward of the hanger. There was also a crack starting on the left side rear hanger.... but nothing noted on either of the fronts and of course the centers were fine. I drilled the end of the crack and ground a groove and welded that one up. Added 12 triangle outer plates over the sides of all the hangers. As I noted above it was the accelerated wear of the pivot points that luckily made me dig deeper... I think it will last me the rest of my hobby days, or at least give me peace of mind if selling it.

The tire wear has been phenomenal since the rear axle was changed. Not really sure when the issue arose but we started seeing some whacky tread wear and the right rear tire would always run 10-15 degrees warmer. If we had a tire fail, it was always that one.

The Dexter EZ Ride actually adds some shock adsorption and all the hardware is very robust and pivot points are all greasable. Might use the used ones on the boat trailer smile