Originally Posted by Superfreak
Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by theraif
The scheme often starts with spotters checking out cars at local shows. When they find the make and model they need to steal, one of them will craftily hide a magnetic tracking device on the classic car. That allows them to find where the vehicle is being stored so they can then stake out that location.

That’s when these criminals will put up wildlife cameras around your property. It might sound bizarre, but these crafty individuals use the cameras to figure out when you usually come and go from your house, determining when it’s likely you’re not home but your classic car is.

Attaching a tracking device to a vehicle in Florida without owners permission is illegal.

But the thief's should understand, if they think they are the only ones who can "craftily hide a magnetic tracking device", they likely are either stupid or arrogant or a bit of both.

OMG......I am laughing so hard at this fool I can barely keep the iPad on my lap. Seriously!!! LOL! ......’that can’t happen...it’s illegal’! Take your brain back to dollar store for a refund.

Ok! this made me laugh............thank you

Typical Moparts herd predictable shortsightedness, I'm used to it.

For those bright enough to have any imaginative foresight, the illegality of attaching an illegal tracking device is, not so much deterrence, it's that at that point, while the car is still safe, and in your possession, the thieves have crossed a de facto legal trip wire, which allows immediate legal enforcement actions, including possible incarceration ( its harder to steal a car when locked up in jail last time I checked), their intentions start to appear very obvious, and therefore suggesting extra precautions be put in place, like adding your own tracking device if one is not already in place, adding better surveillance, and/or greater security. If attaching a non authorized tracking device was not illegal, the above would be somewhat less prudent, it that it might just be a jealous spouse, boyfriend, etc. and need no special attention.

While you guys are laughing, include one for yourselves, I've already had mine. laugh2

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.