Through the efforts of Kramer, he was able to put the money behind getting AMD to step in to make the floor pans for the 63 to 65 applications. Like any product, there is a expectancy to the demand of any particular item. In general, the first third sells like crazy when it hits the market, the second third will move, but not at the fly off the shelf of a new product and the final third will sit on the shelf waiting to sell which may take months or years. Businesses looking to make money like AMD are not into taking up warehouse space to store 50 to 100 quarter panels in order to sell only one or two per month.

The sad fact is that without the floor panels or the quarters, many of the guys will decide not to pursue a project car. So the domino effect starts which means that there is no demand for the other items needed to restore the car. Vendors who were looking into making a new product for such a vehicle will rethink the plan if the market is no longer viable. Thus the demands for everything from clips and fasteners, interior pieces, trim, etc will begin to shrink as well.

AMD still has the tooling and manufacturing abilities in place to make any of the given sheet metal parts that they have decided to drop. As in any business, the owner and administration has to determine which items to continue with and which will be set aside.

In regards to the '66 to '67 Plymouth B-Body full quarter panels, they are listed for right at $700 per side. I know that the owners of these cars have been begging for years for these pieces, but I personally wonder the life span of the availability of these pieces. I am sure that the initial demand will be good, but feel that the demand beyond that will be limited.

www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com
Correct Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock and supply a wide assortment for all of your restoration needs.

www.dalescudashop.com
Correct style exhaust tips and hardware, fresh air seals, go wings, Cuda & Challenger rear window louvers, hood pin kits