There is limited data supporting the original date codes on the carbs. I believe the outboards on the 262xxx car are correct. I have data from a low mileage original A12 in this VIN range. We would have to compare the body in white (BIW) numbers to confirm.

The data you provide indicates installation of the carbs was not a first in, first out. This means as product was delivered it was placed in front of inventory already there. A last in, first out scenario best describes how it was used in the assembly process. The limited data we do have at the A12 forum indicates the higher VIN cars may have lower date coded carbs. The numbers from the 302xxx car are in line with other data points we have indicating a decline in date, not gain. With this said, more research and data points are needed to confirm.

Other components used in the A12 cars show this same pattern. "Last in first out." The small font 054 radiators are well documented. The higher the VIN (BIW), the lower the date code. There is a pinnacle date and then regression to the end of production. I suspect this is the same scenario with the carbs as there appears to be a pinnacle date for them.

This data is complied for the 1969 Lynch Road assembly plant. How the other plants did it is unknown, so do not generalize this across the spectrum.

I would like to get more accurate information from you if you wouldn't mind. I will send my contact info offline.

I hope this helps.

D

Seeking 1969 Lynch Road fender tags/Build Sheets/Window Stickers/VIN - Over 2300 so far thanks to you!!
2018 Demon Challenger PY4 A8 Black Hood
2017 Jeep Trail Hawk
2016 Hellcat Challenger PCP A8
1969.5 A12 Super Bee WM21 V1H F6 D21
1969 Coronet RT B5 D32 M46 N96