A little late on the reply here..... Just saw the thread.

I have raced the last 5 years with a 28'. My car is a 68 Barracuda, and I was able to squeeze in my golf cart. My car has long wheelie bars, and a parachute so I have to load it a bit farther forward. My trailer has "L" shaped cabinets because of the generator box which does not allow me to load the golf cart in sideways.

I carried a foam pad and drove the cart up until it bottomed against the cabinet with the foam pad between. I could not put the rear seat on the cart, but carried it on top of the cabinets to the races. Everything was a tight fit. My first cart was a 48v Yamaha with a lift kit that allowed me to put the spare tire, and other things like the battery charger under the cart. It was heavy though so I have sold it and bought a gas powered one. I had a large roll around plastic storage container at the end of the L cabinet between the cart and the wall. My fuel jugs were in the very back of the trailer in another plastic storage bin between the 1/4 panel and the wall. Jacks, winch, battery ect were in the bottom cabinet. I use an old Onan RV generator and it is mounted in the generator box there would not have been room inside the trailer for any other type of portable generator. Everything was an extremely tight fit and had to be in just the right place. In a trailer without cabinets up front, you might be able to get away with a 26'. I have a friend with a 65 Coronet that ordered his 28' with cabinets on the sides so his cart would fit easier and he is very happy with it.

Since I run in NSS most of the racers are a bit older and we always seem to pit together. Showing up with a cart made things much easier for me and the ones pitted next to me. It was so popular with the wives that I often got calls to see if I was bringing "Barney" to the races. My first cart was Bright Purple with white seats LOL. They laughed and named it Barney the first day I showed up to the races with it....Then everyone wanted to use it. Since we are usually pitted very far away from the starting line and rest rooms, the cart has made racing much more fun for us older folks.

This year I have a new trailer that is a 32'. It should give me plenty of room for the cart and all my gear. I still have to move things over from the old trailer and do a test load, but the extra 4' should be great.

Somewhere on my hard drive I have some pics. If you want to see some let me know and I will dig them up.

-Dave

PLEASE Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way.

If you are the owner of a GTS us at the GTS Registry www.gtsregistry.com