Only 68-69 B bodies and 74 E bodies had lower steering column bearings.Think by 69 someone realized it was a mistake and the mistake had to be relearned in 74.

The column has a bearing under the steering wheel and the other end is anchored at the box by the coupler. A bearing in the middle wouldn't really do/solve anything. In fact it'd become a bind and just wear out with body flex. The factory bearings in 68-69 were actually a loose fit with about 1/16" between the bearing and the shaft. The ID of the lower bearing had an O-ring groove machined into it and there was an o-ring between it and the column. The reproduction ones dont have this and probably introduce a new "rattle". I was selling some of the reproduction bearings until 1) I realized they didn't have the o-ring (I found and purchased NOS 68 and the 69 style bearings - they are different, one plastic one aluminum) and 2) people had NO IDEA what they were buying with one guy complaining the fit wasnt TIGHT and wanted to return a dirty, used $80 part [FACE PALM]. That was IT. I returned my inventory to the manufacturer.

In my own Challenger all the "movement" appears to come from the mount on the K frame. THAT needs to be boxed.

Reproduction bearing ID top, no o-ring. NOS bottom, with o-ring.

[Linked Image]