Originally Posted by moparx
probably the ONLY good thing about a GM HEI conversion is, you can find a modual at any grocery store or library around the country for 89 cents plus tax if yours takes a dump. biggrin
if you want to carry a spare in the glove box, they take up slightly less room than a ballast resistor.
just my twocents which is worth "slightly" less than that. laugh2
beer

iagree As you can with the mopar stock electronic system. I learned a lesson 40+ years ago about the aftermarket cr-p. I worked swing shift and got off at midnight. Still wide awake i decided to hit the locak car wash and hose my engine down. I THOUGHT I was prepared with paper towels etc if the Dist. got wet. Sure enough it did.
I popped the cap off and was drying things up when i heard this "ting" noise. It didn't take to long to find the center conductor of the rotor on the back of the motor. Back then they still had "SERVICE STATIONS" and many were open & within walking distance. But none had a rotor for a Mallory distributor.
the stock stuff works well with a few upgrades IMO. Now if you have 14:1 compression and running on alcohol. Go for the MSD, otherwise put you $$ somewhere that will do some good twocents beer

Last edited by TJP; 12/21/20 09:51 PM.