The GLH cars were fun. I was working at a Chrysler Plymouth dealer when they came out. The Shelby Chargers were fun car too when they first came out.

The dealership I worked at had a sister Dodge dealership. One day, the transport truck dropped off a new Shelby Charger, and I had to do the new car inspection on it. When the SM handed me the key, he told me to be sure to run it out pretty hard on the test drive, this car was the owner's 3rd Shelby, he had wrecked the 1st two, and they had only been out about 4 months! We had a circuit we ran the cars around when we did a test drive, in case something happened, they would know where to look for us. The circuit had a long up hill stretch with a slight S at the top. Turbo cars could gain about 5mph if it didn't down shift, EFI cars would maintain the speed (about 55 mph at the top of the hill), and the carbed cars would loose about 5 mph on that hill. The Shelby whistled right up the hill in 5th gear at about 65 mph, and just as it reached the slight S, the turbo kicked in and the front wheel drive car broke the tires loose and kicked the car sideways, in the wrong direction! By the time I got back to the dealership, I had a full new respect for the guy that had already wrecked two of those cars. When I told the SM about my experience he just laughed. Later that day, he came past me with a slightly white face, seems he thought he needed to take the Shelby out for a test drive as well. I laughed at him!. Gene