Originally Posted by Devil
Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by Frankenduster
I suspect that it is about 50% reality based at best. Overhaulin is based on a similar theme but these GS people come to YOU t bring a project back from the dead.
When most of the recipients of the show look able bodied, I find that really sad. These guys look like worthless cucks that couldn't change their own oil without buying a repair manual yet they somehow took a car apart and let it sit for years. I've known guys like that....henpecked by their dominant wives and ungrateful kids, it is a sad thing to see a man fall so far from grace.
In the rare instance where the recipient is handicapped, I find the show to be great. It would be a terrible thing to have all the determination but not the ability. This show would be a huge help for those people.

It would be interesting to do a follow up show and see what happens to these cars after a few years. From what I can tell, many of the people who couldn't get their project done the first time around are the type that will let it fall back apart. Most of the people they help appear to have zero mechanical skills, limited space and limited tools. But I don't really know, it could just be the way the show is edited. I like the concept of helping people finish up their projects. I try to help all of my buddies finish their cars too but I'm not into helping someone who doesn't do any work.

The show has become more and more fake over time. This episode was especially fake since they show up with a week to work on the car but they somehow manage to build a new Dana 60 and a stroker engine in just a few hours. My guess is that each car must take several weeks if not months of prep time so all the parts are lined up before the first fake visit where the team discovers all the parts they'll need. When GS first started it didn't seem so fake. I eventually stopped watching Overhauling because it morphed into a totally unreal fantasy show where they would build full on customs in a week.

Nope, you're completely wrong. They have 7 days to work on a vehicle and that's it. I've worked with them on a bunch of episodes. They have hundreds of entries and just pick out the handful that they know they can get done, in theory, in 7 days.

98% of the show is legit. There is stuff put in for product placement and sponsorship stuff, but that's about it. Also the amount of work that Bruno does is greatly exaggerated. Cristy does tend to get her hands dirty far more often.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just wait for the Season Finale in December!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Of course you know I'm in the Roadkill world.

[Linked Image]

If you have any questions about them, or Roadkill, let me know.

Saw them run the Challenger at the Zip Tie last January. Pretty fast for a car slammed together.

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln