Ya know, it's a tough thing drawing the line on how much electronic gizmo-ology.

My girl recently got a 2020 Renegade (where's the smiley in a toaster emoticon?) and I'll admit to finding the android / apple car play on the 8.5 very useful and the steering wheel button control LED dash both easy to navigate and worth while. We've rode tripped it and I like it better behind the wheel - passenger side feels way twitchy. Back up cam is great. At maybe a 1000 miles when it started getting cold, the trans started acting up. On a cold start it won't shift out of fist until something gets up to temperature. I'm sure it just one of who knows how many temp sensors on the thing and please, throw a code if yer that smart. Maybe a msg in the spiffy digital dash menu and stop bugging me about the washer fluid.

Ok, my RH levels are up and I'm going on a tangent but this dumb thing actually displays an animation of a washer jug emptying every time ya start the car. Film at 11.

I mention that to mention this: while wondering around the showroom waiting for ink to dry I sat in a 2020 Ram. 4 door short bed, hemi, air ride, 4wd, leather, 12 inch, automatic electric running boards. Is a remote controlled electric tail gate release really called for?? With the back up cam and the air ride, would make hooking a 5th wheel one step easier. This wasn't a dually but it was the plushest thing I've sat it since an Imperial. I recall thinking ya could really set sail in a rig like that and no, I didn't look at the sticker.

Maybe I just put the number out of my mind. The number I do recall is about $30k clearance price on the other one. 2020 Ram Classic, 2 dr, 6 ft bed, 2wd, v6. Manual windows / locks, basic radio, manual cloth seats. I almost bought it on principal but it was grey. If it was red and a hemi, It might have been tough not to low ball them and fortunately wasn't driving my LRE. My line is drawn much lower and my money is currently going in my 79 RC.

Her toaster doesn't have the etorque but it does have the auto shut off. That one at least has a convenient push button to turn off every time ya start it. Also has the electric parking brake and don't quote me on this but I think I've heard it apply itself. That could fun at speed.