When I bought my '69 RR in the spring of '69 the window sticker was on the car when it was delivered and when I first saw in just after it rolled off of the truck. My dad had signed all of the paperwork when I ordered it and that left only a few things to do when he drove me there in our family (7 - kids) '62 Chevy station wagon. The window sticker and owner's manual was in the glove box. It was more than common by 99.9% for the dealer during dealer prep to remove the window sticker and put it in with the owner's paperwork and hand it to them or place all of it in the glove box of the new car.

One of the main reasons for the Monroney label/window sticker was to prevent "bait and switch". If you had the window sticker with the VIN to match it to your car you knew you paid for an AM/FM radio and if it was a base AM radio or no radio at all then you knew to check your dealer invoice to make sure it was deducted or demand the radio you paid for. Same goes for tires.....heard once that a dealer swapped out black wall tires for a set of raised white letter polyglass and don't know if the customer that lost the RWL tires was ever informed. Then there's the grandpa and grandma that thought they were getting the small V8 and the nephew told them it was a straight six. Lots and lots of shifty new car sales persons were doing the bait and switch back then that the Monroney Label became a Federal Law and was probably one of the most important pieces of paper documents to be issued for a vehicle..........IMO it still is to this day. It confirms everything you should be getting with your purchase with no hidden items. Yes even to this day dealers still remove them and almost all of the customers appreciate the removal effort, just make sure though that you have it given to you before you drive it off of the lot..............I liked that link to FCA that with your VIN you could see EVERYTHING that your vehicle came with electronically. The Monroney Label/window sticker confirmed that my wife's Chrysler Town and Country LTD was supposed to have the Infinity speaker system and speaker covers which at the time of delivery it did NOT. The sales person at the time disputed this and the window sticker confirmed it and confirmed the only thing her T&C didn't have was AWD and a factory built in child safety seat. Had everything else including towing and trailer wiring prep.

Still don't know why the big fuss about a reproduction metal tag that is basically (IMO) for Body-In-White and the Paint department (so it doesn't get holes burned into it or covered with paint) when you can get a reproduction Monroney Label/window sticker with anything you like on it as standard or an option and from any dealership as the original selling dealer you want or just say it is. Also if you have a fake reproduction window sticker for some reason it justifies a reproduction fender tag like it's more real and truthful. shock rolleyes Too funny this hobby is sometimes laugh2 laugh2