Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by 73DAD
Cheap track car?

'old' 5.7 hemi lx platform (300c or Charger or Magnum)

replace the worn out suspension
gut the interior for weight
put sticky tires on it & don't touch the rest

done

It will be easier to build quickly, cheaper, more reliable, and faster on the track. The only downside is it won't look nearly as cool.

Except maybe for newer/better shock upgrade, your suggestion is spot on IMOup, except it ain't "cool" as mentioned, and nobody here will do it eyesa

I Appreciate the interests, but you didn't read my post fully. I wanted to build a 'cheap' track car. I'm getting this Satellite for nearly free. Plus I have just about ALL the mechanical parts for it and just need a few other items to complete it (wiring harness, cage, seats, fuel cell, wheels). If I buy a late model car, that would be a higher cost, not to mention all the parts I have wouldn't work on it. Calculated out, it would be triple the cost of building the newer car. In the future, I would like to get a late model to lighten up for something like this, but it's not feasible cost wise at the moment. Plus the newer cars have soo much electronics, fixing/finding or working with a system I'm unfamiliar with would be an added burden. It's a good idea, it's just not something that I'm able to work with.