Quote:

Quote:

For a 71 Cuda with ralleye gauges your limiter is not in the fuel gauge.

For a stock limiter set up, you should have 12 volts constant flowing into your limiter. The limiter is a small rectangular box about the size of your thumb. You should have a black wire that splits into three leads that attach to your fuel, temp and oil pressure gauge. When the limiter is working the output is pulsed (on/off) so that the output averages about 5 volts. Your gauges ground through the sending units.

Part of your issue may be if you are trying to test things with your gauge cluster not installed. The limiter grounds through the cluster, which must be installed to complete the ground connection. If you are testing gauge function with the cluster tipped out of the dash, you need to run a ground jumper to the dash frame to make it work.

OK I checked the limiter and I do have 12 volts (actually 14) going in, but nothing coming out. I should have continuity when I check from the input peg to the output pet Right? Which means the limiter is shot?

There probably would NOT be continuity between the IO unless the relay is closed. As RSS said you should see a 0V followed by 5V when the unit is in operation, meaning connected to its designed electical load.
It sounds like a good time to upgrade to the solid state limiter. Look it up on the net--easy to make, and cheap. I have two versions on my 70 cuda--a fixed unit that operates the temp, and a variable for the fuel gauge which allows calibrating the reading of the gauge to suit my preference. Oil pressure is discoed in favor of a mechanical gauge.